Located at Western University, the SocioDigital Lab explores a wide range of topics linked to how information and communication technologies (ICTs) lead to social change. Technologies shape our society and at the same time, society shapes how technologies are developed, implemented, and used. Dr. Quan-Haase is the founder and director of the Lab.
Key areas of investigation:
- Social networks/Social capital
- Social activism/Social change
- Digital humanities/Ebooks/Scholarly digital communication
- Internet studies/Social media/Computer-mediated communication
- Serendipity/Chance encounters/Opportunistic discovery of information & people
At the SocioDigital Lab we have a love for books and pets! When you sleep over a book, you absorb the material during your sleep, right?